Welcome to Ravenshead C of E Primary School
This information has been put together by Friends of Ravenshead C of E Primary School especially for you, as a new family joining our school community. Starting school is an exciting time for the whole family. Studies show that there’s a direct link between parental involvement and how well children do, so why not get involved from the start!
Meet Our Elected Trustees - Sep 2021 - Aug 2022
For a full version of the Fact from Fiction poster, please click below:
We hold our AGM in September where we review the years finances and elect our Trustees for the new school year.
We meet on a monthly basis, with smaller working groups meeting as necessary when we are planning larger events.
We also hold open PTFA meetings, any parent/carer can attend, find out what the association is planning, share ideas and get involved.
We welcome any help from parents, teachers and friends, and have a growing list of volunteers who commit some of their time to helping the association. Every little helps, so just one hour of assisting at an event or wrapping lucky dip prizes or folding raffle tickets (just a few examples) would be invaluable. If you would like to join or volunteer at one of our events us please speak to a committee member, join our next meeting or email us – email@example.com
Why do we have a PTFA?
Over the last 5 years we have raised over £50,000 which has been spent on improving the KS1 quad, buying a pirate ship for the KS1 playground, buying a climbing frame for the KS2 playground, £1000 towards books, funding the forest school, mushroom area, trim trails and much more.
Our association is about much more than simply fundraising. Our PTFA exists to provide closer links between home and school and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal. It’s fun too - just ask any of the Committee members or volunteers.
All parents and members of the school community are encouraged to get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available. All families are automatically members of the PTFA when their child joins our school.
How we raise money
Like most PTFAs, the majority of our funds are raised through the events that we run. We have our own payment platform for ticket sales - please sign up via
- Donations - If you would rather donate money directly to us you can do so via the payment platform - please sign up via www.pta-events.com/ravensheadcofeschoolptfa. Please remember we can claim gift aid on all these donations.
- We've signed up with AmazonSmile. When you shop at www.smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1098676-0 Amazon will donate to us at no cost to you.
- EasyFundraising - shopping online? Then please sign up to EasyFundraising. We get a donation when you shop online. Click here to sign up today!
- Sitkins - Order your name labels from Sitkins and we earn up to 30% commission. www.sitkins.co.uk Use code 16534 when ordering.
- School Lottery - Tickets cost just £1 a week with a local cash prize weekly and a change to win the £25,000 national lottery jackpot! www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/ravenshead-cofe-primary-school
How we keep you up to date
Our newsletter is sent by Parentmail and also posted onto Class Dojo. This includes information on upcoming events and dates as well as details of the help that we are looking for at larger events. Following an event, we always write to let you know how much was raised. When we reach our target, we tell you what the money will be spent on.
We also have a Facebook page:
If you would like to join us then please get in touch today! firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to our school!
PTA Contact Form
Please fill in this form with any queries for F.O.R.C.E.P.S (Friends of Ravenshead C of E Primary School).